This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 15 December 2017

Cypress Hill

Working title was "Autumn Leaves" but I changed it to Cypress Hill as it is literally that, a hill with cypress trees on it - absolutely no connection with the band of the same name but I like to title paintings that are the same or very near to something well-known but without the expected visual connection. 
This is another in a short series of experimental paintings where I am trying out some techniques in this case using paint shapers, to try to achieve textures that approximate to in this case fallen leaves on the ground. The next painting will be about the random complexity of branches found in natural locations like a hedgerow.
Oil on board 12" x 20".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment